Monday, November 3, 2014

yogi_Compute Number Of Items And Names Of Items Needed To Make Specified Number Of Products

                 Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1820
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Nov-03-2014
post by  Battlet3Chvx:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/Vr1NXB0aiGg)
Query and merge materials
... 
I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself correctly. The materials are whats needed to make that part -- that's the point of the amount field. I want to make a quick and easy way to list how many materials I need. So If I want to make 5 bikes I need 5 Part A and 10. That is what the amount field is for. I'm going to have a big spreadsheet with about 50 different things with different materials and I need quick and easy consolidation of what materials I need.

I'm going to remake this whole sheet so you guys can see. Also, thank you for helping.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrw9wGaS4cCb2wpbZ6nPIPSySAw6W9VNb4TbeqjjowI/edit#gid=0

ItemMaterial 1Material 2Amount Needed**What I want a list of**
Materials Needed:
car4 tires1 exhaust561 Tires
bike1 chain1 tire12 Exhaust
test1 blank1 test01 Chain
truck4 tires1 exhaust10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for providing more information ... but please note that you are not helping with your confusing explanations ...

in any event, have a look at the solution I have provided in my following blog post -- (forgive me for changing the field headers in my solution that make sense to me)

and also note that my result in regard to number of exhausts does not agree with your expected result -- so check that out

No comments:

Post a Comment