Monday, September 1, 2014

yogi_Lookup A Flag In Sheet Named Chart2 And Mark The Same Flag In Chart1 For Corresponding Booking Key And Hotel

                      Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1748
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Sep-01-2014
post by Francesca Ruggero:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/1-VpwN4poaE)
Lookup+IF - Relate data between 2 charts
Hi to everybody,

I need a huge help for a formula and if someone can help me, please let me know.


The first one is the source and the second one is created from the first one. In the first one there are only the open payments (rows in from the chart 1 in which the column hotels paid is without a x)

I need to connect the chart 2 with the chart 1 in this way.  If I insert a x in the chart 2 in the column "Paid", the system finds out the booking key of this row in the the chart 2 (Column A), find it in the chart 1 and insert in this row in the column D -  HOLTEL_paid a "x".

I hope it is clear and that someone can help me. I thought maybe Vlookup + IF?

Thank you very much,
Francesca
---
Hi Yogi,

Ok, done. I need that when I put a x in the chart 2 in the box G2 (Booking Key=Ruggero, Hotel = A) , the x appears in the chart 1 box D2 (Booking Key = Ruggero, Hotel = A)

Do you have more questions or the intent is clear now?

Thanks a lot,
Francesca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment