Wednesday, August 10, 2011

yogi_Send Form Answers To A Specific Collection

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

Brandon Leahy said ...
Send Form Answers to a specific collection
I am trying to keep my acupuncture practice paper free, and have set up forms to do SOAP notes (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan; basic notes for medical clinics) and would like the answers to go to specific Collections/Patient Charts. I have three different clinics with corresponding Sub-Collections, all within the collection "Chart Notes". Is there a way to automatically send the answers to a chart note based on the answers to 'Last Name' and 'First Name'? Ex: When filling out John Smith's notes for July 26, 2011, I would love to hit submit and have the answers sent to the collection 'Smith, John' in 'Chart Notes'
If it makes it easier, I can put all chart note folders into one collection so I don't have to worry about sending them to a specific clinic's collection then to a specific patient. I know there are Filter Formulas out there, but I am a complete novice/n00b when it comes to spreadsheets and their formula/filter equations.
----------------------------------------------------------
In the following I have a generalized solution where the data collected in a Form can be sent to a sheet by Individual or by Group Name.

here is the Form that I used ...


and here is the spreadsheet ...

No comments:

Post a Comment