Saturday, August 13, 2011

yogi_Extract Time_In And Time_Out By Name From Google Form TimsStamp


Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

Office Time Lord said ...
How do I move some text around how I want it
OK the office has a Google Sites website. On this website, I have used Google Spreadsheet to embed a form used as a time clicker. Basicallt there is one multiple choice question (In or Out) and a submit button. This logs a username, a time stamp and an in or out response to the spreadsheet. This is fine and dandy, it meets my needs but I want to make the report on the backend a bit more robust and easier to read. The log has time-date in one column the username in next column and in or out in the last column. what i would like to have as a report is date, username, in time, out time in a row (essentially combining the in entry and out entry into one dated row with 2 times).
here's an example of what I have and what I want . . .
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap7aoNyuHz6sdHpydzR2YlJHX1U2eHlWaXlYaWRWdFE&hl=en_US
I have made a data manipulation sheet that makes the timestamp a text and the split command to separate the dates and times. I'm not sure how to combine the 2 occourances of names and times to one date. Any suggestions?
---------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment