Friday, August 5, 2011

yogi_Calculate Amount Spent In Specified Time Period By Item

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

trimonth said:
how do I compute amount spent in specified time period by item?
I am kind of working on a budgeting thing. If I have a column of dates and a corresponding column of dollar amounts, can I analyze the numbers based on when they occurred? For example, how much did I spend on groceries in the Summer? Over the last 3 years, what is the average of my utility bills in the Winter? How much did I spend eating out in the first 3 months of the year?
I am hoping that once I see how to split up a date, like in terms of seasons, I can extend it out to answer more complex questions.
Again, there might be an answer out there in the forums somewhere, but I may not be searching for them as well as I could.
-----------------------------------------------------------
We can consider the time period in quarters ... you may want to consider ...
Quarter1 ... as Winter
Quarter2 ... as Spring
Quarter3 ... as Summer
Quarter4 ... as Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment