Saturday, August 20, 2011

yogi_In Form Responses Table Mark Rows With Duplicate Entries As Invalid


Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

mimicre said:
Copy Only Unique Form Responses?
I want to collect form responses, but only those that return unique values. Respondents will be given six drop-down selections to make, and I want to eliminate duplicate responses from the final tally--essentially whenever a respondent selects the same answer more than once, as I don't see a way to control that in the form itself.
I set up a sample form/spreadsheet here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah7NmG121zTFdHNHMUxGMEF4T0FQUVM1U3BBUkZZWnc&hl=en_US
(Obviously in the actual form, there would be more than six possible responses.)
Is there a formula that can help me? Or multiple formulas, even. I've tried filtering, IF(NE(B2:B,D2:H)), etc. and nothing seems to work; I can only mark the duplicate cells as invalid, not the whole row.
I would be grateful for any help anyone can give!
------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment