Wednesday, July 13, 2011

yogi_Set Up Spreadsheet So That New Entries From A Form Appear On The Top

Google Spreadsheet
noratorious said:
How do I set up my spreadsheet so that new entries from a form appear on the top?
I have a google spreadsheet which is attached to a form.
I have made the spreadsheet and form public and embedded them on my Google site so that visitors may input their information which is added to the spreadsheet when they submit (and refresh the page). Visitors can also view the spreadsheet and see what others have added.
I want to be able to alter the settings of how the form inputs new submissions onto the spreadsheet so that new submissions appear at the top as opposed to at the bottom. How do I do this?
In the following , I have named the sheet receiving the data form Form submittals as ResponseTable, and then I created a sheet named sisterSheet which pulls the data from ResponseTable and I use the SORT function to have the data presented in descending order. I can optionally hide the ResponseTable sheet if necessary.

here is a simple Form I had set up for purpose of presentation:
<iframe src="" width="760" height="623" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

and here is the spreadsheet ... wherein I can hide the ResponseTable sheet if necessary