Thursday, September 27, 2018

yogi_For Entities In Column A Find The Latest Associated Date In Column B

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2517

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Sep-27-2018

Stuck on a data analysis problem

I'm somewhere in the middle between a noob and a power user when it comes to google spreadsheet function.  I have experience with array formulas, but have met my waterloo when it comes to this problem.

I have some data that contains a "thing" (in this case a legislative bill) followed by several rows of elements related to that bill.  Among those elements are the dates of most recent actions related to the bill.

I need a formula that finds and evaluates those dates to find the most recent one.

I've tried several angles of attack on this simple problem, and am defeated.

I'd be grateful for any advice or help.

A more detailed explanation would be difficult. Real sample data and more description of the problem are here:

Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment