Saturday, September 29, 2018

yogi_Compute Moving Average Of Scores For Successive Rounds

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2520

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Sep-29-2018
How to do a running/moving/rolling average?
Hello,

It seems like a very simple function or formula to need and use, however, I can't seem to find anywhere which explains how to do this in layman's terms.

So here's an example of some data (imagine each comma is a separate cell):

Round - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Score - 7, 11, 6, 2, 2

Of course, I can easily work this small sample out manually, but I need this to us on a much larger scale.

Worked out manually, the moving average for the score per round would be the following:

7, 9, 8, 6.5, 5.6

What function/formula can I use for Google Sheets to work this out automatically for me?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jake


No comments:

Post a Comment