Sunday, October 26, 2014

yogi_Conditionally Format Cells In Range B3 To AF To Have Black BackGround If Entry In Row Of Following Column Houses Have

                 Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1805
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Oct-26-2014
post by  Arkelsa Trager:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/docs/P1MJz6YgSOs)
Help Please, I don't understand formulas!
Ok, So, I am using google docs, spreadsheet, and I never did understand formulas very well.

What I would like to do, is have a drop down menu in Column C with 2 Options, Have and Want.

I would Coumns B and A to change Font and Background Based on the value of Have or Want in Column C.

There are a total of 70 rows, and the columns go into AG, If possible, I would like to replicate the formula to be used every 3 columns, only changing the value of the first 2 columns before it, So A/B are effected by C, D/E are affected by F, G/H are affected by I, and so forth
---
What I am trying to accomplish is, with the drop down menus in column C, there are 2 options, Have and Need

I would like to change the formatting of Column B, when Have or Need is chosen.

When Have is Chosen, I would like Column B to be blacked out (Black text on a Black Background), When Need is Chosen, I would like it to display how it does now, Black text on White Background.

I have a feeling it'll just be easier and faster (for me) to just do it manually LOL...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the following solution applying Conditional Formatting formula to a single cell B3 can format the entire range B3 To AF3

No comments:

Post a Comment