Friday, March 21, 2014

yogi_Highlight Row (or part of a row) If A Specified Word Occurs Anywhere In The Row (or part of the row)

                                         Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1568
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Mar-20-2014
post by Dustin Hawkins (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/-HRvlSDtmjM)
I need for rows A-M to change background color for 3 different texts
Greetings all. 

I'm very inexperienced with code and am having trouble modifying the provided formula to suit me.

Here's what I need:
If the word "no" is in a cell, I need for that row's background color to be red from columns A-M
If the word "yes" is in a cell, I need for that row's background color to be green from columns A-M
If the word "special" is in a cell, I need for that row's background color to be yellow from columns A-M

I attempted to change the formula provided earlier in the thread to execute these actions, but failed after multiple attempts.
Anyone know how I can modify the existing formula or what I need to do create a new formula that performs all of these actions within a single sheet?

Thanks for your help!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment