Thursday, July 18, 2013

yogi_Help Set Up Automating A Table With With DataValidation And With Computed Column

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1291
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Jul 18, 2013
user DeenotA (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=i7fqeettsh1y#!mydiscussions/docs/ePgNVupmbtY)
Data Table Question
Hello,

Very new here and trying new stuff with google for work. Basically I have created a spreadsheet for production, for my company, and they prefer google docs(since this is for work, I have a pretty steep learning curve!) Method of entry is barcode scanning of merchandise. What I am looking to do is have an "auto" feature... ex: I have 4 models made by "cast"(cast makes models 2468, 8642, 6824, and 4286), when I scan any barcode that comes up with those numbers, I would like it to fill the "make" as CAST(and still put the model # where I scan it in). I am sure I will have to do a data table(?). I also have a "tracking #" field and would like to link those directly to the UPS tracking(do I have to do this manually each time?)
and I am using win7pro

Any help is much appreciated!

---
I apologize. I have made it public now, so hopefully that will do the trick :-)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aha5P0tR85jsdEdqTnQ2QzhZcGtiMEZnTHFKdVFWZ2c#gid=0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment