Wednesday, January 3, 2018

yogi_Conditionally Format Cells D:O If Value ThereIn Is Less Than Value In Column A Provided Column A Is Numeric

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2340

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Jan-03-2018


Conditional Formatting of rows if less than a specific cell

Hi,

This question must have been asked and answered somewhere but I've spent nearly an answer trying to figure it out by myself and from questions/answers and still cannot get it, even though it must be so simple. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

I have a cash flow sheet which I'd like to apply a simple bit of Conditional Formatting to. I would like the text of cells in two rows to turn red if they are less than the value in cell E80. I would have thought that a simple "Format cells if... Less than... =E80" would work but, alas, not so. As you can see from the screenshot, the behaviour is quite random.


I've prepared an example spreadsheet demonstrating the issue here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cioSzHkbfk6pCILsFqQzaYxxT1uzbV4xSOSTdbs0vCY/edit?usp=sharing

How can I get the behaviour I want?

Thanks in advance.


No comments:

Post a Comment