Sunday, October 1, 2017

yogi_Compute Total Sales And Commission -- Fixed Or Percent Of Sale

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2251

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Oct-01-2017
question by: Ashley Wengel
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ba_notification#!topic/docs/AcLn8_8Z0Po;context-place=forum/docs
Tracking sales and payout - Drop down menu dictate payout
I am building a new tracker to keep track of my MTD progress towards goals and also track commission payout.

What I want is for the drop down in column A dictate the formula for payout in column C based off of the dollar amount in column B.

I know that I can create an IF formula for the clearance =IF(A2="Clearance","$5.00")
I know that I can create a sum formula to calculate payout =SUM(B3*0.2)

I don't know how to make these formulas come together and be dictated by the selection in the drop down.

Is this something I am able to do or should I just scrap it and go back to the separate columns for each type and have the =sum formula calculate this? I am aiming to have less columns in the sheet to make it easier to view on our smaller monitors.


No comments:

Post a Comment