Tuesday, December 27, 2016

yogi_Formulate Query For Numeric Stats When Using Fields With Mixed NUMERIC and TEXT (or blank) Cells

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2100
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Dec-27-2016
PROBLEM OF AVG_SUM_ONLY_NUMERIC Unable to parse query string for Function QUERY parameter
Please help me to solve this problem - Result of query


Same DATA - SAME QUERY 
=query(DATA!A3:N126;"select M,SUM(G),SUM(H),SUM(I),SUM(J),SUM(K),SUM(L) group by M ";1)

The different is ONLY in the CELL I4  ( I Marked by green color) 
in DATA I4=0  and QUERY is OK  

But  in DATA2 I4 = blank  Result is Error
Unable to parse query string for Function QUERY parameter 2: AVG_SUM_ONLY_NUMERIC

I heard about the  PROBLEM OF AVG_SUM_ONLY_NUMERIC 
( many blank cells in the column   and QUERY consider as TEXT !!!!)


Thanks for any SIMPLE helps to SOLVE this problem

Dan


No comments:

Post a Comment