Thursday, May 15, 2014

yogi_Split Column A Entries Separated By Comma While Copying Over The Values From Column B And Column C Into Split Rows Of Column A

                                         Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1638
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI   May-15-2014
post by Saqib Q: (!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/L2t_KS1fz3k)
How to Split a Cell Part of a Row and Keep the Rest of the Rows - Google Spreadsheets

this is an extension to my solution to the original question by Saqib Q and my solution to the problem presented in my following blog post:
yogi_Split A1 By Names Separated By Comma While Copying Over The Values From B1 And C1 Into The Split Rows Of A1
Hi Yogi,

Thanks again for explaining how this works, I really appreciate it.
However I ran into a problem in using the formula.  My actual dataset has 500+ rows.
The formula currently requires that I copy it for each of the rows.  With 500 rows, this becomes infeasible as it takes too much time.

Is there a way to do function for multiple rows all in one iteration?
I set up a test sheet here to explain it a little better.