Friday, January 3, 2014

yogi_Compute Running Total Of Successive Entries In Column A

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1469
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI   Jan-03-2014
question by richard jaminski (!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/FsuSS3Yoo3E)
How do I create a running balance like a check ledger.
I read the answers provided to this question and hardly know where to begin - I'm completely new to Google Spreadsheets. 

I know how to make a running column in Excel: NAME the first cell in the array and make the running column formula start at the Named cell as a starting cell. Spreadsheets seems to be completely different.
How do you make the running total column expand AUTOMATICALLY when new data is added in cells A6, A7, A8, and so on...? I read the answer to this question in a previous post and I could not make any sense of it because it seemed to assume certain previous knowledge.