Sunday, November 24, 2013

yogi_Sum Up Row By Row Total Amount Of Transaction per Client From Table Of Open-Ended Number Of Transactions Listed With Dates And Amounts

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1433
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Nov 24, 2013
question by waynemichael (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=qvjxb3fcz80g#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/6UJjOhpGd_I)
Sum only numbers in a single column or row containing mixed dates AND numbers
OK, I've searched, but cannot find the answer. I tried =SUMIF, but could not get that to work. This has to be simple, but it is eluding me...

I have a row which contains both numbers and dates

Col A          Col B         Col C         Col D        Col E       Col F         Col G        Col H       Col I             Col J
Client A   |   $1120   |  08/02/13   |   $250   |  10/22/13   |   $303   |  11/10/13   ||   $432   |  11/21/13   |   [TOTAL]

I want to sum the sales numbers (in Columns B,D,F, and H) and place answer in the [TOTAL] cell in Column J, but obviously not include the dates (in Columns C,E,G and I). 

I will have to keep adding amounts and dates, moving to the right, so simply adding every other column would work, but would be tedious. QUESTION: What is a formula I can place in Col J that would automatically sum just the numbers and ignore the dates?

Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment