Wednesday, November 13, 2013

yogi_Count Row By Row Instances Of Drinks Contining Cider Or Juice And In Another Table Row By Row Servings Of Drinks Containing Cider or Juice

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1418
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Nov 09, 2013
question by Ryan Digaux (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=651xvy4ex5ot#!mydiscussions/docs/NMPWwyHuPpI)
Simplify countif formula and link it to data in an adjacent or related column.
Hi Guys!
 
I'm a librarian trying to help a patron do a similar calculation in Google Spreadsheets, and I am stumped. I am sure you are all much smarter than me, and I was hopping you could help me out. My questions is two-fold:
 
1) Out of this example list, I'd like to find the instances of Juice or Cider. I was able to do that using the following formulas:
=countif(B3:B8; "*juice")
=countif(B3:B8; "*cider")
Then autosum the results for an answer of 4.
Is there a way to combine this function, or make it the formulas more efficient?
2) How do I do that and also incorporate the second, "Servings" Column?
 
Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attachments (1)
Example.jpg
61 KB   View   Download
-----------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment