Friday, March 8, 2013

yogi_From Table of Date Film Country Count Number of all Films And Unique Films By Country


                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1071
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Mar 8, 2013
user ivpu :(http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=eycch1ookas1#!mydiscussions/docs/GvLEQlfzVVY)
Count UNIQUE with additional condition...
Hi,

I try some things but there I can't find solution.

What I have is a table list like this
A             B         C
2.3.2013  Argo      USA
3.3.2013  Argo      USA
4.3.2013  Amour   Austria
6.3.2013  Iron Sky Finland
7.3.2013  Lincoln   USA

And now I need some statistics
Country  Screening Unique films
Austria   1              1
Finland   2              1
USA       3              2

For first column I use:
=SORT(UNIQUE(FILTER(B1:B6;C1:C6<>"")))

For second work as well:
=COUNTIF(C1:C6;SORT(UNIQUE(FILTER(C1:C6;C1:C6<>""))))

But I don't know how I can calculate the third column...

Thank for your help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a convoluted solution to the pronlem


No comments:

Post a Comment