Sunday, January 13, 2013

yogi_Draw An Interactive Chart -- That Will Automatically Update As The Underlying Data In The Associated Spreadsheet Changes


                                          Google Spreadsheet  Post  #967
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Jan 13, 2013
user Iddo Sternberg said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/how-do-i/desktop/sajMAaLYpj4)
Exporting an interactive chart to a webpage 

I'm trying to export an interactive chart to a webpage, but nothing is shown. 
I'm using Chrome on Mac. 

Please help!

Thanks, 
Iddo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have presented an illustration of publishing an Interactive chart


to publish an Interactive char, I clicked somewhere in the Chart, then I clicked on the dropDown arrow that popped up near the right hand corner in the chart, then I clicked on Publish chart, then in the Select a publish format textBox, I chose Interactive chart, then I copied the script that was generated and pasted that in my HTML page
note: 
it could take upto 5 minutes for the chart to get updated as the data in the associated spreadsheet is changed or modified. I periodically refresh the browser to check whether the chart has been updated.

here is an image of the associated spreadsheet along with the BarChart inserted in Shet1:

No comments:

Post a Comment