With almost universal availability of Internet and the availability of reliable on-line productivity tools, such as Google Docs, individuals as well as companies are switching over to Cloud Computing. In this blog I will post items of interest to my colleagues/patrons/clients.
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
yogi_SetUp A Comparison Calculator Where Comparison Is Made For Items From A DropDown List Based On dataSheet
Google Spreadsheet Post #940
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E. ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MIwww.energyefficientbuild.com. Dec 26, 2012 user donald5000 said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=potzyfn0cfbg#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/ZmTpkq8kaiM) Creating a calculator? Does anyone know how or if I can create a calculator (two drop down lists) with a decision being provided after two items are selected (and a "calculate" button is clicked)?
So essentially, I have this spreadsheet here (Shared):
1. Have that above spreadsheet and the values populate two drop down lists
2. Both drop down lists use the same data, so essentially you could choose the same item on each list and the calculator would determine both items are equal
3. Have some sort of end result displayed after both items are selected in each list
4. A calculate button would be nice, but if the calculation happens automatically after the second drop down item is selected, I'm fine with that
5. Even if the spreadsheet just shows the value and doesn't give any sort of direction, I'm fine with that too (meaning, once both drop downs are selected it just gives the number/rating for each next to the drop down box
As you can see, I'm not set on any one single way to do this, any way will work, I just would like my spreadsheet to drive this calculator, so maybe tab 2 has the calculator and tab 1 has the data like i have it?