Wednesday, December 12, 2012

yogi_Extract First Matching Value In Column C Of Sheet2 With Specified Conditions Including Specified Exact Match

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #926
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI    Dec 12, 2012
user Thuong MCB said:(!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/uIdd4LfmLO4)
Disgusting between upper and lower case

I have a speadsheet like this:
ga:month ga:medium ga:visits
1 (none) 4812
1 (not set) 34
1 Mail 600
1 cpc 9740
1 email 6
1 mail 228
1 organic 34054
1 referral 3285

in another sheet, I want to combine mail and Mail together. The function I use is Match and index. But I can not because spreadsheet think mail and Mail are the same.

Please help me solve this.
I use this function to get Mail data from that source


But it always return 600, which is Mail value.
user Thuong MCB is looking for an exact (case sensitive match) for mail in column B of Source!2012 ... I had a little play with it and I have offered several solutions including those similar to ones that have already been provided