Monday, December 26, 2011

yogi_Extract Data From Master Sheet By Specified Group

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user Senna300 said:
How do I link data between sheets, but make it so I can rank on one sheet and not have it affect data shown in another?
For example, on sheet 1 I have a master list of people with their roles in the company and basic information. On sheets 2-5, I want to have lists of the specific people in each role only. Rather than enter all the information in multiple times, I use = to link the cells in sheets 2-5, to the master list in sheet 1. But when I add rows or sort the data in sheet 1, the data in sheets 2-5 changes.
Help?
---------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment