Friday, September 2, 2011

yogi_Sum Up Specified Attribute Of Like Items In a Separate Sheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
DaveCable said:
Sorting and Adding
Hello I am trying to like items and their assiciated data on one sheet and sum the results on another sheet.
I would like a formula that searches for color, grabs the total weight for that color and adds those weights together.
I am trying to use vlookup, and it's great at returning the first value but I can't quite figure out how to get all results.
The formula I am working on is in B2.
Right now I have: =vlookup(A2,Sheet1!A2:I100,9,false)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjvC40DK4abZdHVENE93THF4UDZ0cGtCVENoYk5oZWc&hl=en_US
Any help would be appreciated!
---------------------------------------------------
I have added alternate solutions in several different sheets ...

No comments:

Post a Comment