Saturday, September 10, 2011

yogi_Sum A Column From Row 2 Down And Use This Sum To Divide The Value In Specified Row Of Another Column

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
lunixer said:
How do I sum an entire column up to the row where I am and keep this formula consistent in later rows?
Okay, here's what I want to do:
In cell L3 I want to put the formula: =K3/SUM(C2:C3)
In cell L4 I want to put the formula: =K4/SUM(C2:C4)
Then I want to be able to paste this same formula throughout the entire L column, so that the summation always goes from C2:C# where # is equal to L#. However, when I paste this formula, eg from L3 to L5, it changes it to be L5=K5/SUM(C4:C5). And when I highlight the first two cells with this formula and drag, it maintains a three cell difference. So L6=K6/SUM(C4:C6). Do you have any idea how I would make this automatic?
---------------------------------------------------------