Saturday, April 8, 2017

yogi_Rearrange Table In A2:B5 In A DataBase Style Table

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2147
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Apr-08-2017

---

Hi Yogi and Ballow. Here's an example of the type of transformation I want to do in a sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZbsE-B_VQBKHdbhJTLSDn8o8jPOXRQHFC9RtF9y4cFI/edit?usp=sharing
Conceptually I don't think it's that complicated. It is worth noting that I'm not really interested in a solution that involves lots of repetition for each row, because there could be an arbitrary number of rows. I can do this fine outside of Google Sheets (in Python) but I was wondering if it's possible without leaving sheets for the classroom setting. If not, no need to stress :-)

If you are interested I want to turn the rows of data into an edge list that I can then visualize as a graph in Google Fusion Tables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment