Sunday, August 24, 2014

yogi_Pull Unique Numbers From Cells A5 to K33 Of Sheet Named Data And Their Corresponding Number Of Instances

                      Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1734
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Aug-24-2014
post by Question Marc:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/docs/-J5cU5vwvdg)
Want to extract a list of unique values from a range of unorganized data.
Hello,

So I have this spreadsheet where I am compiling numbers, and I want to know how many time recurring numbers showed up (if they showed up more than once).

I've made an example document, see here.

In the example above, I want to take the numbers with a red background in the sheet "Data" and have it sorted out in the "Crunch sheet" sheet in such a way that I can tell "Number X has occurred 20 times throughout the data compiling".  

I know the function "COUNTUNIQUE" can tell me how many unique instances of number there are, but that isn't really useful to me right now since I want to know what are the numbers that reappear. I've seen some options while googling for insight, but none really applied to an unorganized mess of number like mine. 

Thanks for reading.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 


No comments:

Post a Comment