Friday, August 22, 2014

yogi_Conditionally Format Those Cells In Column A That Are Not In The List In Column B

                      Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1733
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Aug-22-2014
post by George123455:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/56W5vp1blCQ)
How do I use conditional formatting to check if a cell contains text from a list of cells?
I would like to be able to highlight specific cells that do not contain a list of values contained in another range of cells.  Essentially, this is data validation (and I am aware of the data validation function), but I want to make it extremely obvious when a value of one of the conditionally formatted cells does not contain a specified value from the range, since the data validation option is not terribly eye-catching.

I have tried the following, but it either doesn't work, or results in an error.
 
"Text does not contain" Sheet1!B2:B30, 
"Text does not contain" Indirect(Sheet1B2:B30)
"Custom Formula" =range<>indirect(sheet1B2:B30)

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out.  Any ideas?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment