Thursday, November 1, 2012

yogi_Make Department Wide Computations For Various Expenditures By Weeks Of The Month


                                           Google Spreadsheet   Post  #845
              Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Nov 01, 2012
user UKwins said: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=gdxpen6jynp#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/2ueE-j_eM38)
sales by department and week
Hi all, I'm in a bit of a quandry, the formula I was using for this has now created issues in the limit of formulas allowed in a spreadsheet, so I was looking for a simpler way of doing it..

Basically, we input sales into a spreadsheet for 4 departments
we enter the following:
sale amount
postage amount
the department
if the order is tax free or not
and the week number.

I have created a basic spreadsheet with the results I'm looking for, the spreadsheet must be able to hold a minimum of 1000 sales orders.

I'm looking for a decent formula that will help for calculating Columns J, K, L and M for each department.
Many thanks for any assistance, really appreciated.

Craig
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem -- note that I have made a few changes in the layout of the user's sheet to make the use of formulas easier