Wednesday, November 21, 2012

yogi_Import Data From Spreadsheet1 For Subject Field To Be Science And Data Ordered in Descending Order By TimeStamp

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #880
              Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Nov 20, 2012
user batt1eship said: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/t48wmBLFVRg)
How to pull data from a one Spreadsheet (that collects through a form) and display only some results (and sort by date)
Ok, first off, this forum community rules, and as I get versed in this stuff, I ensure you that it is my intention to give back and answer as many questions as I can. 

My question: 

So, I have Spreadsheet 1, collecting data through a form:
A | B | C | D
Submission Date | Writer Name | Content   | Subject
11/9/12               | Bob             | blah blah | Fiction
11/10/12             | Jim             | blah blah | Science
11/11/12             | Kate           | blah blah  | Math
11/12/12             | Dan            | blah blah  | Science

* and again, this is all submitted by a form, so the newest content is imported automatically at the bottom

Then, I have Spreadsheet 2, which I want to import the data from Spreadsheet 1, but:
  • I only want Science entries to populate, and we will call Spreadsheet 2 "Science" spreadsheet
  • I then want the data, so both Jim's and Dan's entries to sort by newest to oldest on this new "Science" spreadsheet
  • &, of course any new "Spreadsheet" entries with a "subject" of "science" in column D, I would like those to of course import automatically in the future to "Science Spreadsheet" and remain in "newest" to "oldest" format.
Actual Spreadsheets:

Thanks again!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment