Saturday, May 28, 2011

yogi_Get Closing Price For Multiple Stocks For A Given Date

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
chandan.ssj said:
how can i get closing price for multiple stocks for a given date?
i am new to google finance spreadsheet.
I'd like to create a data table that holds the historical prices of a list of stocks, getting the closing price for each stock for a given date.
So, say A2 - A7 holds the following:
DELL
MO
PG
JNJ
CSCO
XOM
and cell B1 holds 2/2/2011
What I'm trying to acheive is generating a table like this:
A B
2/2/2011
2 DELL 158
3 MO 49
4 PG 241
5 JNJ 12
6 CSCO 741
7 XOM 54
------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know about where you got the numbers in your column B from
I have provided a formula in cell B2 that is then dragged down for copying as far as needed


----------------------------------------------------------------
chandan.ssj further added:
now in the same spreadsheet if I wanted to add few more attributes, (for example open price), in column C, then what will be the formula used?
I have added Sheet2 where I have setup the formula for close and open prices ... in fact you can extend it for other GoogleFinance function attributes as well.