Saturday, February 2, 2019

yogi_For The Entities In Column B Pull The Latest Instance Of Entity And The Amount In Column C

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2583

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Feb-02-2019
question by: Harristweeter:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=best_answer_notification_button#!topic/docs/Bvu4QmTcxL8;context-place=forum/docs

Find Most Recent Entry for a Given Category, and Return Third Column Information

Good Morning,

I am working on my budget spreadsheet. I have a sheet where each month I copy my bank statements as new rows (this allows me to track bank balances over time). I want to write a formula which finds the most recent statement for each bank and copies the information from the row.

For Example the table may look like this:

     A                      B                  C              D
12/2/18             Bank A       #123456       $101.50
12/5/18             Bank B       #789101      $8,890.02
12/10/18           Bank C      #121314       $0.01
01/10/19           Bank A       #123456       $10.78

Basically, I'll have another table that will have each account to show the most recent balance. I'm trying to identify a formula that will look through this sheet and find the December Entries for Banks B and C, and pull the bank balance (Column D) but will find the January Entry for Bank A (ignoring the December entry).

I'm stumped. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment