Friday, September 1, 2017

yogi_Pull Category From List Of Transactions Based On 'Place Of Business'

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2235

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Sep-01-2017
question in: mpuchtel
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!topic/docs/zu_2vuOk41Y;context-place=forum/docs

Coders looking for a challenge? I need to create a custom labeling function!!!

 Hello,

I have a list of bank transactions that include various transaction descriptions. I want to write an arrayed function that will search each description, seek out any key words such as "starbucks", and output a type such as "eating out". I figure this is somehow possible if I create a table that defines the relationship between key words and output types, but I'm not sure how to write a function that searches the table and gives me the output I desire. 

Any feedback is appreciated - thanks!!

Max

No comments:

Post a Comment