Monday, June 5, 2017

yogi_Compute Row By Row Sum For Rows 1 to 12 Of Scores From A Number Of Columns

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2175
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Jun-05-2017
question by Tyler_Zhu:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ba_notification#!topic/docs/bx4wShnjOec;context-place=mydiscussions
Sheets: Repeat the same function on the values in a row for many rows
I have found that very often, I wish to do the same basic operation on many rows in Google Sheets. For example, I used to have a contest logger of which questions I got right when doing practice contests, and at the end of each row I would sum over all the points that I got right in that row. I would then repeat this for each new contest, a.k.a. each new row. See attached picture and ignore all of the color coding. 

More recently, I have just finished administering a contest and I want to keep the scores in a Google Sheets. The rows would be the different contestants, and I want to keep track of which questions they get right or wrong, with a total of their points at the end, much like how I set up my tracker in the attached picture. However, I do not wish to have to do " =SUM(D15:AB15) " 100 times to get the sum. Is there any simple way of repeating this operation for many rows?

No comments:

Post a Comment