Monday, May 25, 2015

yogi_Compute Sum of In And Out By Date From Table Of Transactions In Columns H Through K


                                           Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1964
              Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    May 25, 2015
question  by Josh Kaye:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/docs/4W9DVjuDBV8
For looping natively in Sheets or a Compare/Match function
I'm trying to create a google doc to track finances over time. 

Basically I want to sum all entries from a certain date into a separate single entry of a corresponding date. The issue is that I don't know ahead of time how many entries there will be for a certain date. 

Here's what I have

So basically for 6/9/2015 in A, I want to sum all the values in G where the corresponding H value is 6/9/2015 and then put that sum into the D cell in the same row as the original A. 
Basically this behemoth for C7:
=(IF(H7=A7,F7,0)+IF(H8=A7,F8,0)+IF(H9=A7,F9,0)+IF(H10=A7,F10,0)+IF(H10=A7,F10,0)+IF(H11=A7,F11,0)+IF(H12=A7,F12,0))
Except that I have several categories beyond food and many rows to contend with. I had hoped that there was something resembling a for loop like one might use in java to go through the relevant columns and compare but I don't know of a way to do that natively in docs.
Is there a way to implement this without getting into writing my own script?
Thanks very much in advance. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment