Wednesday, March 9, 2011

yogi_MultipleSUMIFsProblem

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com



timm.acdd said ...
I am having difficulty trying to get google docs to recognize my sumifs formula. I have read that it doesn't have a sumifs formula and I should just add them instead. This doesn't work for my formula. This is what I basically need:

I need cell to look in column 'Client Table'!$E:$E, check to make sure it is the same as the column that my cell is in (C$3), then check to see if there is a "1" in column 'Client Table'!$H:$H. Once it checks these 2 columns for those criteria, then it should sum column 'Client Table'!$D:$D.

In essence, check the 2 columns and add together everything that the 3rd column has in it.


------------------------------------------------------

Google spreadsheet does not have SUMIFS function ... in the following solution, I have used the SUMPRODUCT function to deal with multiple SUMIFs



I have also added sheets UsingQUERY, and UsingFilter.

1 comment:

  1. In my proposed solution using the SUMPRODUCT function, see use of IFERROR function for each of the arguments of the SUMPRODUCT function ... otherwise one may get erroneous results (if any of the related ranges of the arguments have -- as a result of the CONTINUE function we encounter in Google spreadsheet use) ... strange thing is without the use of the IFERROR function with each argument, instead of giving an error it might give erroneous result.

    ReplyDelete