Wednesday, March 9, 2011


Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                  

timm.acdd said ...
I am having difficulty trying to get google docs to recognize my sumifs formula. I have read that it doesn't have a sumifs formula and I should just add them instead. This doesn't work for my formula. This is what I basically need:

I need cell to look in column 'Client Table'!$E:$E, check to make sure it is the same as the column that my cell is in (C$3), then check to see if there is a "1" in column 'Client Table'!$H:$H. Once it checks these 2 columns for those criteria, then it should sum column 'Client Table'!$D:$D.

In essence, check the 2 columns and add together everything that the 3rd column has in it.


Google spreadsheet does not have SUMIFS function ... in the following solution, I have used the SUMPRODUCT function to deal with multiple SUMIFs

I have also added sheets UsingQUERY, and UsingFilter.