Tuesday, June 26, 2018

yogi_Match FirstName LastName And Date In Sheet1 With Those In Sheet2 And Pull Those And Hours From Sheet1 Into Sheet3

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2465

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Jun-26-2018

question by: Ed W..
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=best_answer_notification_button#!topic/docs/HkmwlsDJ2eM;context-place=forum/docs
Comparing 2 tabs and outputting value
Sample Sheet

I have a question regarding comparing multiple columns in 2 different tabs and outputting a value.  I have provided an example of what I am looking for.

Essentially I want to compare the First Name, Last Name and Date columns on sheet 1 and 2 and if all 3 values match between the two then output the hours from sheet1 into sheet 3's Hours column which I can then apply conditional formatting to.  I have tried a couple methods without luck and my Google Fu is failing me today.  I understand there may be easier methods to accomplish this but this is the constraints I am working with.

Essentially certain users would copy/paste data into sheets 1 and 2 for comparison which would be listed on sheet 3. The data from sheet 3 is nothing more than queries from sheet 2.

Any help would be appreciated and I apologize if I did not make this clear.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment